Monday, August 27, 2012

Murray, not at his best, advances at U.S. Open

Murray recorded his 6-2 6-4 6-1 celebration admitting landing alone 49 percent of his aboriginal serves and getting torn on four occasions in a abashed alpha to his adventure for a advance above championship.
The Olympic gold advocate appeared annoyed in his aboriginal airing at Flushing Meadows and fabricated 31 autogenetic errors in a achievement he rated "a six or seven out of ten."
"I didn't serve actual able-bodied but I alone absent seven amateur in three sets so I accept to accept done something well," Murray said. "I played adequately able-bodied from the aback of the court. I just would accept admired to accept served a bit better.
"A little bit of ache - it was very, actual boiling on the cloister today. Maybe I didn't yield abundant fluid. I haven't played that abounding matches in that array of clamminess for a while so it's apparently a bit of a shock to the body."
Murray said players were affiliated in their advance for an added allotment of acquirement from above championships but hoped a bang would abort to materialize.
"Who knows what is traveling to happen. I achievement it doesn't appear down to that," Murray said. "That's bad for everybody, really."
Strike activity was aboriginal proposed at a acrimonious amateur affair afore the Australian Open in January that led to a accessible breach amid Rafael Nadal and apple amount one Roger Federer.
Nadal, an 11-time admirable bang champion, afterwards abdicate his role on the players council.
"When we went through the amateur affair at the Aussie Open, it was appealing brutal," Murray said. "Everyone was speaking up. The accomplished bout was affectionate of together. They still are.
"The majority of players wish to see a change in the admirable slams."
Murray beneath to altercate the likelihood of a strike.
"Have no idea," he said. "There's so abounding things that go into something like that with lawyers, basic unions, all sorts of altered scenarios that charge to be anticipation through first.
"Right now it's a continued way away, but I don't apperceive how austere everybody is about it. If in the next ages or two months they get aggregate sorted and accessible to go again I'll accept a bigger acknowledgment at that time."
Bogomolov bootless to win his serve in the aboriginal set and blew a adventitious to advance by two break in the additional set.
Murray, who absent this year's Wimbledon final to Federer, faces Croatian Ivan Dodig in the additional annular as he attempts to catechumen the drive of Olympic success into a aboriginal celebration in a major.
"I knew afterwards that bout (the Olympic final) that aggregate you've gone through as a amateur was account it," he said.
"I've had abounding boxy losses. I've played tennis appropriately back I confused over to Spain if I was 15, so about ten years I've been playing. I've had a lot of doubts afterwards losing.
"Even afterwards the Wimbledon final, you accept a lot of doubts about yourself. But afterwards acceptable a bout like that you affectionate of overlook about all those things. It's definitely, absolutely account all the harder work."

No comments:

Post a Comment